Students, their families, employees, and potential employees of the Bardstown Independent School District are hereby notified that the Bardstown Independent School System does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sex or disability in employment, vocational programs, or activities as set forth in compliance with federal and state statutes and regulations.
Any person having inquiries concerning Bardstown Independent School District’s compliance with Title I, Title II, Title IV, Title V, Title IX, and/or Section 504 should contact Mr. Tim Beck, Bardstown City Schools, 308 North Fifth Street, Bardstown, KY. 40004 (502-331-8800).
The Bardstown Independent School District offers the following career and technical education programs for all students regardless of race, color, national origin, including those with limited English proficiency, sex or disability in grades 9-12:
- Business Education – Computer Tech, Microsoft Office Certification, Personal Finance, Accounting, Office Administration, and Business Cooperative Education
- Family & Consumer Science – Family & Consumer Science Essentials, Parenting, Relationships, Child Development Services (in a 2 yr. rotation, we also offer Foods & Nutrition, and Early Lifespan Development)
- Technology Education – Foundations of Technology, Introduction to Manufacturing, Production Technology, Advanced Design Application, Mechanical & Technical Design, Technical Design, Foundations of Robotics, Robotics Designs Essentials, and Tech Ed Cooperative Education.
- Teaching and Learning – The Learning Community, The Learning Centered Classroom, the Professional Educator.
- Nelson County Area Technology Center offers industry certifications and career pathway courses in the following areas: Information Technology, Health Sciences (Pre-Nursing & Phlebotomy), Carpentry, Automotive, Welding, HVAC, Computer Aided Drafting, Electrical and Project Lead the Way (Engineering).
Persons seeking further information concerning the vocational education offerings and specific pre-requisite criteria should contact: Mr. Tim Beck, Directors of Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment, Bardstown City Schools, 308 North Fifth St., Bardstown, KY. 40004, (502) 331-8800.
Diane Bratcher, of Kentucky Skills offers classes to individuals pursuing a GED certificate. Adult programs are offered periodically based upon the demand for specific classes. For more information, please contact 270-502-62