District Technology Services aim to engage, empower and assist all staff, students and families to become lifelong learners who are prepared to thrive in the digital world. Technology is an integrated part of the modern learning environment. It opens a world of resources to our students and facilitates the development of critical thinking, communication, collaboration and creativity skills. Our mission is to provide schools the technology resources and support necessary to ensure the success of all students. At the same time, we are committed to providing first-class support for the operational technology needs. The Technology Service Desk provides quality technical support to all schools and departments.. We are here to serve our clients and assist them in maximizing the benefits that technology brings to students, teachers, and administrators throughout Bardstown City Schools.
BASIC CHROMEBOOK TROUBLESHOOTING
- If a Chromebook is having issues, shut it off and then power it on again: https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/3420029?hl=en – Chromebooks receive updates very often and cannot receive the updates unless they are turned off and restarted. You should shut your Chromebook down at least once per week.
- If someone has changed the keyboard settings. Press SHIFT-ALT on the keyboard to set it back to the US keyboard. Check to make sure the language wasn’t changed: https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/1059490?hl=en
- If the image on the home screen is rotated, press Ctrl-shift-reload/refresh on the keyboard. This will rotate the entire screen by 90 degrees each time it is pressed.
- If you need to remove a user from a Chromebook, do not login. At the login screen, click on the upper right corner of that user’s login icon and remove the user. https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/1059260?hl=en
- No sound on headphones:
- Ensure headphones are plugged in properly and there is no dirt in the plug.
- Make sure the mute button isn’t pushed.